Boston Children’s Museum
Boston Children’s Museum engages children and families in joyful discovery experiences that instill an appreciation of our world, develop foundational skills, and spark a lifelong love of learning.
Boston Children’s Museum is a welcoming, imaginative, child-centered learning environment that supports diverse families in nurturing their children’s creativity and curiosity. We promote the healthy development of all children so that they will fulfill their potential and contribute to our collective wellbeing and future prosperity.
The Fundraising and Events Intern will gain insight into the inner workings of a small but active development office. They will assist in a variety of tasks related to fundraising, including but not limited to: data management, event operations, sponsor solicitations, donor relations, and general development operations practices. This position is perfect for an individual interested in experiencing and growing skills within the field of nonprofit development.
This position is unpaid, but college credit is available for interested students as applicable.
- Research potential individual and corporate donors, using internet research tools
- Maintain and help coordinate donor files and processes
- Prepare research profiles for development staff and volunteers
- Attend and participate in development department meetings as needed
- Updating electronic donor records in fundraising database
- Assist with special event preparations and staff special events as needed
- Assist with other donor relations and stewardship activities
- Additional assignments may include print publications and web-based communications
- Other tasks as assigned
- Research skills
- Database management skills
- Donor stewardship and cultivation
- Event planning
- High level communications skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential material with discretion
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to commit to a regular work schedule, with flexibility upon occasion
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge development software or other database software preferred, but not required
- Intern may be required to move boxes of files
How to Apply – Please email a copy of your resume and a cover letter sharing your experience with fundraising and or data management to Internships@BostonChildrensMuseum.org. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis;